Thursday, December 4, 2008

The thing about betrayal and revenge

Safely back from batam. Lots of adventures we encountered, but secrecy shall remain due to privacy issues. Haha. thank the good Lord for the good trip no matter how boring it may have been. 

So its back to old grandmother stories from me. yea. and I was just thinking of how sometimes, how pek chek it feels when you've agreed to do something with say person A, and the person backs out at the last minute. Angry? yea.. but at least the person told you. What if we recreate another scenario with the same idea of agreeing and backing out. But this time round, let's say person A told you the reason for not wanting to do the thing with you was because he/she was busy and has a lot of things on hand...  And so you accept the reason. You thought everything was over, until a few days later you find out that person A did the thing he/she agreed to do with you with another person instead. Oh what nonsense about being busy! 

What do you do in such cases.. 

This has happened to me before and I am sure it has happened to you before somewhere some part of your life. My first reaction was to go to MSN, find the person I trusted the most, start typing all my frustrations and there I am appeased. If I am still possibly angry, find the next person to talk to, chat until I start blemishing the person about his/her figure, face and everything else unrelated till I feel I am satisfied. (retaliation?)

But upon reflection, if insulting a person and stepping (not literally) on him/her till you think it makes you feel satisfied actually gives you momentary joy, then think how has doing so saved the situation?Probably nothing. 


Matthew 5:38-39. 
You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth." But I tell you not to resist an evil person. 

That simply means that, in life, we face injustices, from people we thought we could trust, from people we thought were true, but let us have the faith and courage to turn the other cheek. Remember God as he died on the cross for us, how he in the same way after the last supper was betrayed. And probably as Clarkson said, he sent us to taste calvary. 

May we have the strength to refuse to retaliate, because God knows all that we are going through.  




 


No comments: