Monday, January 5, 2009

As I was looking through the net pages, I saw the St Hilda's website. Nostalgic. I spent 20minutes, looking at an organisational chart that had at least 50% of teachers I couldn't recognise, newsletters that were not printed out anymore, (i used to keep every issue of the hildan light!), a blog that documented all the cca achievements and a psg group page. How time flies. Its been 6 years since I last studied there. I'd be going back tomorrow to pick the little girl up from school. I want to go in and say hi to the teachers I miss and step onto memory lane of a school i fondly remember. But something holds me back, and I don't know how to describe it either. Maybe its just issues with myself, I don't know. I don't like to go back alone but who shares the same favourite teachers that I do and the favourite laksa, nasi lemak stall that i patronized. For all you know, it isn't even there anymore. I want so much to go back to teach there, but again, something holds me back. Someone asked me why, but I couldnt explain it either. Expectations that no one gets. sheesh. 

I love the school a lot, more than dhs. 

I don't discredit dhs for what it has made me. But I really liked my days in St hilda's. Maybe it was the culture, maybe it was the teachers, maybe it was my friends, maybe it was the innocence of it all. 

I saw the homecoming pictures of DHS, and I just didn't feel at home. I have greater anticipation of going to SHPS, this time, i'm really going home. 

Thank God I was once there.  

No comments: